Thursday 29 September 2011

My Heart is Broken

So I was watching the Red Sox game last night and all was well until the bottom 9th inning (within reason of course). I then watched Papelbon get TWO batters out and only needing one more out to win the game and at least get into a 1 day playoff if the Rays were to win their game (which they did). Then my whole world came crashing down around me, okay a little over the top but whatever, as the Orioles came back and won.
That right there was not even the worst of it because there was still the chance that the Rays could lose. But that didn't happen and the Red Sox completed their worst September in team history. The collapse was complete and my heart was broken. I can always say there is next year but some work will need to be done to this team to get it ready for the run they're hoping for.
I now hope for the following teams to win their series.
- Tigers
- Rangers
- Phillies
- Brewers
Which would setup a Tigers vs. Rangers (which would be a great series) and a Phillies vs. Brewers (Halladay vs. The Greatest Canadian Ever in John Axford [Google Image Search him to understand]). From those series I wish for a Brewers vs. Rangers World Series with the Brewers winning it all, just so John Axford can have a ring. That man is the greatest thing ever, forget about Brian Wilson.

No comments:

Post a Comment